I think my love of dollar stores started when I was a little girl. My nana would take me to the one near her house and I could pick out anything I wanted..and I would always get a doll. One dollar Barbie dolls were kinda my addiction at that age!
Decades later and things haven’t changed..I still love the dollar store. I am not going to sit here and pretend that you’re going to get top quality things. Personally I would rather have thrifted items or vintage pieces, but when it comes to organization, nothing beats the dollar store.
I recently collaborated with the Dollar Tree (this post IS NOT related or sponsored, just relevant) to revamp my pantry for Spring cleaning, and it was actually very fun! How I let my pantry get so unkept or why I didn’t think of the dollar store for my organizing needs is beyond me..but now it’s going to be my go-to spot! Let me show you my FAVORITE dollar store organization hacks!
- Plastic bins (spray paint them in ANY color to match your decor!)
- Mason jars (think of storing small things like toothpicks, cupcake liners, rubber bands, etc)
- Large round bins for bottom of pantry (kid snacks, pet food, household cleaners, etc)
- Labels (they have cute labels for all your stuff!)
- Contact paper (pack a punch in your pantry with pretty + cleanly lined shelves)
- spice jars (pour spices from plastic containers, print or make cute labels)
Under Kitchen Sink
- Plastic bins (organize cleaner by type)
- Bins with lids (not child proof, but still safer!)
- Shower caddy (store stuff you take around the house with you!)
- Cloth bins (to sorta colors)
- plastic bins to store detergent
- rope and clips for socks
- jars with lids (for q-tips, cotton balls, bath-bombs)
- Mason jars (toothbrush, toothpaste)
- tall bottles (bath salts)
- DIY tiered tray (super glue plates on candle holder)
- Makeup holder (candle jar glued on candle stick holder, add beans or sand for makeup brushes!)
Simple + Inexpensive
The way I think about it is this: When I am shopping and I see something I’d like to buy to help organize my home, I think “Can I DIY this myself or buy it cheaper?” The answer has been yes 99% of the time.
These are just a few examples of how you can organize your home with dollar store items! I have many more hacks for the dollar store, but I wanted to show you the places i’ve personally used these hacks – and frankly the most common places we all struggle to keep organized!
I hope this helps! Feel free to tag me on Instagram if you use any of these hacks – I love seeing all of your work!