I’ll preface by saying, I am not a big drinker. I enjoy a really tasty and well crafted cocktail, and am more interested in the presentation and ingredients than the actual drink! However, Irish Cream hot chocolate has become a staple on those cold winter nights!
Brian and I started making this when we wanted a little kick to our hot chocolate while we binged Netflix Christmas movies. It’s so simple, low sugar (optional) and great for a cozy night by the fire!
Irish Cream Hot Chocolate Recipe
Ingredients (one 8 oz serving)
- 6 oz milk (we used unsweetened coconut milk)
- 2 oz Irish Cream (personally I like to use Bailey’s original)
- 1/2 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp Stevia (you can use any type of granular sweetener)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- whipped cream (we just use redi-whip)
- dash of cinnamon
- Heat milk on stove top or microwave until hot to touch
- Stir in cocoa powder (it will only dissolve in HOT cocoanut milk)
- Add Stevia, Irish Cream and vanilla extract
- Add whipped topping on top and finish with a dash of cinnamon
This is hands down my favorite hot drink! Irish Cream has sugar, but when you use other healthy ingredients, this drink is by far a healthier cocktail option. It can also be served cold as a “martini”. You can also sub the whipped topping for marshmallows if you want more of a dessert!
This makes the perfect drink for a Christmas party – you can prepare it in a large batch in a crockpot – just keep it on warm, not low or high. Speaking of Christmas parties – is your bar cart stocked and styled!? Check out my post on how to style your bar cart. You will be impressing guests left and right!
One more thing…how cute are these marshmallow mugs! I had to share because..Amazon Prime just gets me!